The spread of the coronavirus pandemic has led to a surge in depression and anxiety cases worldwide. According to a recent meta-analysis, the prevalence of anxiety cases in the world was 31.9%. The heavy workload, social distancing, isolation, and monotonous routines have led to increased anxiety cases.
Several recent investigations have shown vaping CBD can produce positive health benefits. One of the best benefits of CBD is for managing anxiety and depression. Many people are turning towards CBD vape pens for anxiety.
But have you ever thought about how CBD vape pens can manage anxiety? This article will provide a detailed insight into the use of CBD vape pens for anxiety.
But first, let us have an overview of what CBD is.
What is CBD?
CBD, also known as Cannabidiol, is one of the 113 Cannabinoids with THC ( Tetrahydrocannabinol) obtained from the Cannabis sativa plant. CBD accounts for 40% of the plant extract and is the second-most active ingredient of the plant.
CBD is available in the market in several forms. It includes oil, gummies, edibles, tinctures, vape pens, and many more.
CBD vape pens are the most popular CBD products.
Cannabis Hemp Marijuana – Free photo on Pixabay
Is CBD legal?
Due to the potency of CBD for treating several disorders, more and more countries are legalizing it. According to the farm bill, 2018, CBD products containing less than 0.3% of THC are legal.
Besides, CBD is a natural non-psychoactive compound. Even though it induces a feeling of calmness and relaxation, it is incapable of getting you high.
What is a CBD vape pen?
A CBD vape pen refers to a pen-shaped device used for vaping CBD. A CBD vape pen is filled with CBD vaping oil or CBD e-liquid. It is a combination of CBD oil and carrier oil. The CBD oil is available in the market in three different forms that are:
- Isolate CBD oil
- Broad-spectrum CBD oil
- Narrow Spectrum CBD oil
Use of CBD vape pens for anxiety
Several studies have shown the effective use of CBD vape pens for anxiety. Jessie Gill, a nurse by profession and a cannabis advocate, reveals that she uses CBD to manage anxiety. Initially, she started vaping CBD for pain due to a spinal cord injury. However, gradually, she discovered that CBD might help to a great extent in treating generalized anxiety.
According to research, vaping CBD oil can treat different types of anxiety. It includes generalized anxiety disorder (GAD), social anxiety disorder (SAD), and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Moreover, CBD is also helpful for treating insomnia and preventing stress and depression.
Some studies exhibiting the effectiveness of CBD vape pens for anxiety
- A study conducted on rats by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) reveals that CBD can reduce General anxiety disorder. The main subjects of the study were behavioral and physiological symptoms (like improved heart rate) of anxiety.
- Another 2011 study involving participants of all age groups reveals crucial facts on the use of CBD for social anxiety disorder (SAD). According to the study, each participant was given four hundred milligrams (mg) of CBD dose for a regular period. The conclusion showed that people consuming CBD experienced lower levels of anxiety.
- Some recent studies also show that vaping CBD can reduce post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms. It includes nightmares or bad memories and relaxes the mind.
- A 2011 study shows CBD can help deal with social anxiety disorder. Moreover, it can help overcome anxiety and discomfort experienced during public speaking.
- A review was published in 2015 that summarizes the results of 49 studies on CBD. It shows that CBD can treat generalized anxiety disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
- Recent research conducted in 2019 reveals that 91% of the participants taking CBD experienced reduced anxiety symptoms.
- Another scientific research was published in “The Permanente Journal” on CBD in the same year. The research comprises participants suffering from anxiety disorders and disturbed sleep. The results revealed that 80% of the participants experienced lower anxiety symptoms. At the same time, 70% of participants had a better sleep. However, the result for sleep was not constant.
How can CBD vape pens help with anxiety?
The human body comprises several receptors that are protein-based chemical structures. The work of the receptors is to receive signals from different stimuli.
According to scientific studies, CBD interacts with the CB1 and CB2 receptors present in the central and peripheral nervous systems.
Moreover, CBD also regulates the levels of serotonin in your body. Serotonin is responsible for the mental health of a person. Low levels of serotonin can cause depression, stress, and anxiety symptoms.
Doctors prescribe selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRI) to regulate the serotonin level in the body. However, many people prefer to try out natural methods before going for medications. It is where CBD comes into play. CBD can rectify the levels of serotonin in the body. Hence, treating diseases like anxiety, depression, stress, and insomnia.
However, it is preferable to consult a doctor before trying any treatment.
Why should you choose CBD vape pens for anxiety over other CBD products?
One of the main reasons why more and more people are turning towards CBD vape pens is their instant effects. Vaping directly provides magical benefits of CBD in the body at a faster rate. As with other CBD products, you do not have to stand by for hours to experience the results.
Moreover, vape pens are pretty easy to use. You can buy two types of vape pens in the market.
- Disposable CBD vape pens
- Refillable CBD vape pens
Both types of vape pens have their pros and cons.
Wrapping it up
After a busy and hectic schedule, everyone desires a way to relax. It is one of the primary reasons for the surge in demand for CBD vape pens. Moreover, it is also helpful in producing better sleep and managing depression.
You can find several medications in the market for treating anxiety. However, it is always better to try out a natural method before relying on the medicines. Several investigations have constantly shown the effectiveness of CBD vape pens for anxiety. Do give them a try before going for medications.