Low carbs and high fat make up a keto diet. As a result, the body consumes fat for energy rather than carbohydrates. This process is called ketosis. Our liver produces ketones and burns fat when we consume high-fat foods. Therefore, it promotes weight loss. However, you should only follow a Keto diet if your nutritionist recommends it to you, as doing so unsupervised could have serious adverse health effects.
Trying to find a keto diet plan? You’ve come to the right place. As part of a ketogenic diet, carbohydrate intake is restricted; our recommendation is no more than 20 grams of net carbs daily. As a result, fat burning increases, positively affecting weight loss and metabolism.
Easy to Make Keto Recipes that are Tasty too!
There are thousands of recipes to choose from, but it’s hard to know which ones to try. There are three major requirements if you’re on a keto diet: The recipes should be high in fat, low in carbs, and delicious. So, to help you in following your keto diet without faltering, here are some super easy and tasty recipes you should try,
- Keto Chicken Salad with Creamy Chimichurri Dressing
- Blend or process all the chimichurri dressing ingredients in a food processor. Blend until uniform. Depending on your preference, you may need to add more water. Place aside.
- In a big skillet, heat the olive oil. Chicken thighs should be salted and peppered. Heat the pan and cook them through on both sides. The length of time depends on the thickness of the meat and ranges from 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare the veggies and place them on plates or a large serving dish while the chicken is frying. Then arrange the chicken on top and serve the meal with the dressing, a few lemon wedges, and chilies if you’d like to give it a little extra spiciness.
Similarly, you can also eat your salad with ACV dressing but do check the expiry of your ACV. because if you’re wondering, does apple cider vinegar go bad? The answer is yes. ACV has a shelf life of two years, after which you shouldn’t consume it.
- Keto Pizza
Who doesn’t love pizza? We all love it but being on a keto diet means you can’t just order it anymore. But worry not. Let’s make it ourselves.
- Set the oven’s temperature to 400°F (200°C).
- Make the crust first. Shredded cheese and cracked eggs are both added to a medium bowl. Stir it thoroughly to blend.
- Make sure the batter is spread evenly using a spatula. You can either make two circular pizzas or one huge rectangular one. Brown the pizza crust in the oven for 15 minutes. Let it cool for a few seconds.
- Bake at 450°F (225°C). Add oregano to the tomato sauce, then cover the crust. Over the cheese, place the pepperoni and olives. Continue baking until golden brown. Pair with fresh salad.
- Keto Chicken Pesto Zoodle Salad
Another healthy yet delicious recipe worth trying.
- Chicken thighs should be covered with just enough cold water in a medium pot. Boil. Simmer for 15 minutes when the chicken is fully cooked. Using two forks, shred the chicken after it has been cooked.
- Place aside. Spiralize the zucchini and add the zoodles to a big mixing dish while the chicken is cooking.
- To thoroughly coat the zoodles in pesto, pour them over them and stir with tongs.
- With tongs, gently toss the zoodles with the chopped tomatoes, feta, and chicken until you incorporate everything. Add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Keto Egg Casserole with Zucchini and Ham
Casseroles are a must for a hearty dinner. When on keto, make this super delicious egg casserole with zucchini and ham (any other meat of your choice).
- Bake at 350°F (180 degrees Celsius). Prepare a lightly greased 9″x 9″ (23 x 23 cm) baking dish.
- Whisk egg yolks and milk together.
- Softened cream cheese first. There is no problem with small clumps of cream cheese in the mixture! You should add all the ingredients in the mixer, including the ham, spring onions, zucchini, and half of the shredded cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into a baking dish after stirring. Add the remaining cheese shavings on top.
- Until the center is firm, bake for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Before serving, allow cooling for 10 minutes.
The keto diet is the talk of the town these days. However, with so many people getting on the bandwagon, it can get frustrating to look for a diet regimen to follow. To enter ketosis faster, we recommend using ACV as it is one of the several benefits of apple cider vinegar to aid in weight loss. We hope that our little collection of recipes will help you along the way.