A business analyst is the one who enables change in an organization by understanding and analyzing business problems. An Analyst delivers solutions that maximize profits and uplift the business. They help in minimizing the gap between IT and business teams by evaluating processes and determining the requirements. They usually help in bringing in new solutions and creating cloud capability. They anticipate broader business challenges before they appear, and tend to be as comfortable in the boardroom as they are in the tech department. commerce course in Ahmedabad from Super 20 Training Institute, there is a wide scope of learning for Business Analysts.
The qualifications for business analyst positions vary depending on the Organization and analyst’s career goals. A bachelor’s degree is typically required for most business analyst positions. After B.com Course there lies a path to becoming a Business Analyst.
Business Analysis refers to understanding the changing business needs, evaluating the impact of these changes, identifying and analyzing requirements, documenting and facilitating communication among all the stakeholders involved.
Skills Required to Become a Business Analyst
- Communication Skills
Business Analysts use this skill in understanding client needs, explaining changes to management, and problem-solving with IT. Communication is the core of a business analyst’s day-to-day work. Thus, it’s important to boost up your spoken and written skills as you start out in your career.
- Technical Skills
Business analysts are comfortable in the world of IT. They understand the latest software, what it can do and any limitations it may be pertaining.
- Analytical Skills
Finding practical solutions to theoretical problems requires analysts to be deeply analytical. One part of the job is analyzing data, documents, user input surveys, and workflow. These activities are used for sharpening business practices.
- Decision-Making Skills
They are Responsible for the implementation of complex IT systems, and often make important decisions. Those who plan to pursue a business analyst career will have to assess complex situations, receive input from stakeholders and then promptly select a way to move forward.
Whether planning project scopes or directing staff, handling changes or forecasting budgets, Business analysts pave the way. They often employ project management skills.
There are at least four tiers of business analysis:
- Strategic planning: identify the organization’s business needs
- Business model analysis: to define the organization’s policies and market approaches
- Process design: to standardize the organization’s workflows
- Systems analysis: the interpretation of business rules and requirements for technical systems
Requirements of becoming a business analyst
- A graduation degree is mandatory.
- Knowledge and experience in writing SQL queries.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL database, Oracle DB, and SQLite is crucial for commercial awareness.
- Expert knowledge of programming languages.
- Good communication and negotiation skills.
- Creating interactive reports using various business intelligence tools.
The techniques used by business analysts
- SWOT Analysis.
- MOST Analysis.
- PESTLE Analysis.
- System Analysis.
- Business Model Analysis.
- Mind Mapping.
- Process Design.
What Does a Business Analyst do?
- Identifying opportunities for improvement in business operations
- Prototyping and modelling products and processes
- Designing or modifying business
- IT systems
- Solving business problems and designing technical solutions
- Helping to test the system and create system documentation and user manuals
- Facilitating workshops
- Understanding when a system is out-of-date and organizing a replacement
- Provide feedback on a software application’s layout
A business analyst earns an average annual salary of 7 lakh rupees. The salary packages for entry-level roles remain somewhere between Rs. 3,50,000 – 5,00,000. At the entry-level in IT with less than 1-year experience is around Rs 3,59,807 for Management and Business Analyst.
|Average Salary||6.5 lakhs per annum|
|Entry Level/ Fresher||3.5-5 lakhs per annum|
|5-9 years||8-9 lakhs per annum|
|>=15 years||12-16 lakhs per annum|
Your skills and work experience do play an important role in determining the salary you receive. Someone at an entry-level would not get paid the same as someone with 4-5 years of work experience. The location your workspace is situated also plays a significant role.
Types of Business Analyst Jobs
- Business Process Analyst
- IT Business Analyst
- System Analyst
- Usability or UX Analyst
- Data Analyst
The role of Business Analyst is very much in demand by a large range of companies across the world. They continue to recruit and hire analysts for smooth functioning and upliftment of Business. Some of the popular companies hiring for a business analyst position are CISCO, Capital One, American Express, GB WhatsApp Download, Google, Ernst & Young Global Limited, Amazon, and Dell.