If you’re a blogger and you’re unsatisfied with the amount of traffic landing on your website, you need to ask yourself a very simple question – Is guest posting service worth investing your time and money?
If you even know the basics of SEO then the answer is a straightforward yes. Regardless of all the presumptions around the relevance of this particular marketing technique( which we’ll talk about later in this article), guest blogging in SEO remains one of the best ways to accumulate an audience organically and bring more traffic to your website.
So, without further ado let’s get to know everything about guest posting.
What Is Guest Blog Posting And How Does It Work In SEO?
In simpler terms Guest posting, as the name suggests means posting content (blog posts) on someone else’s website as a guest.
Now the question arises, How does it help in SEO?
The guest blogger contributes content to the host’s website and in return, you get an external backlink to your blog.
Despite Google coming out to say that backlinks no longer have the leverage they once had, guest blog posting still stands as an important aspect of SEO tactics. It is undoubtedly an effective and efficient way to create backlinks that assist in boosting your domain authority. Also, writing guest posts on other websites will prove to be beneficial in improving your SERP ranking
Sounds like a win-win situation for everyone, right? But there is more than just this that makes guest posting a safe SEO strategy.
If you’re someone who already knows plenty about SEO and Guest blog posting then you’ll be able to relate to the advice mentioned below.
Things You Should Keep In Mind While Guest Blogging
Guesting posting is more than just a means of ranking websites. Apart from helping you improve your SEO, guest posting establishes connections and builds strong work relationships with other bloggers in the industry.
The main thing that one must remember before incorporating any link in their guest article is to be conscious of the nature of that link. The actual words hyperlinked in your text are called anchor texts. You should also carefully link URLs as they must contain useful and relevant words. On the basis of these anchor texts, Google examines the relevance of that website. But make sure not to overdo it as doing so can result in getting your page penalized by Google.
Guest Posting Service can help your SEO if you pay attention to the following rules:
- Good SEOs always focus more on quality than quantity. With this what we want to convey is that it is better to contribute two high-quality guest posts per month rather than providing four mediocre posts in a month.
- Emphasize more on contributing to higher authoritative websites as ranked by Industry metrics.
- Make sure to do guest posting on websites that are relevant to your website(e.g. contributing an article on finance and marketing to a gaming and eSports website would probably not be relevant).
Advantages Of Guest Blog Posting In SEO
- Guest posting is a great tool for beginners to build a reputation and drive more traffic initially. when you post blogs on reputed websites and provide them with high-quality content, You’ll simultaneously build a good reputation for your websites as well.
- Great For Link Building
- Helps To Improve SERPs
Disadvantages Of Guest Posting In SEO
- When you publish on host websites, there is always a risk of associating with illegitimate websites.
- When you post guest articles it can also affect the quality of your links.
- If you are not targeting the right audience then there won’t be any improvement in your ranking.
Like any other technique used in SEO, guesting posting also has some minor disadvantages and some would also debate whether it has the same charm that it once had, but overall guest posting is a safe way to boost your rankings.
As you’ve read through the very end, here are some pointers for you that will help you in guest posting.
When you’re blog posting as a guest on someone else’s page, at some point or the other, you would most probably get asked to pay some amount to publish on their page. Although it’s a common practice in the SEO industry, make sure you don’t get caught. Google has a very strict policy against paying for links.
Also, identify private networks and dropped domains and avoid them as much as possible. To very whether the domain is legit or not, you can use several websites that will check the domain’s history for you. Best of luck with your SEO journey!