Candidates who want to apply for the AFCAT 2022 must fill out a lookout for the AFCAT notification and fill out their forms correctly and completely. This article will find additional information regarding the eligibility criteria for candidates applying to take the AFCAT written test or the SSB test.
What Is AFCAT?
AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. It is a selection process conducted by the Indian Air Force to select candidates for commissioning in various trades and branches of the Indian Air Force as an officer. AFCAT notification and AFCAT exam date for 2022 will be conducted in November.
The AFCAT India 2022 is a six-hour, paper-pencil-based test. All Indian citizens are eligible to take the exam. They need to have valid ID proof, which can be an Aadhaar card, PAN card, or any other valid ID proof issued by the government of India.
Eligibility for AFCAT 2022:
The eligibility criteria for AFCAT India 2022 are as follows:
- Candidates must be a citizen of India as per the Indian Citizenship Act 1955.
- Candidates must have completed their graduation from a recognized university or institute with English as one of the subjects.
- Candidates must not be less than 17 years of age at admission.
- A court of law must not have convicted the candidates for any offense other than minor traffic violations. They should not be facing trials in any court of law for any offense other than minor traffic violations.
- Candidates should be medically fit.
AFCAT Exam Pattern:
AFCAT is a competitive exam for recruitment into the Indian Air Force. There will be two phases for AFCAT India 2022:
Phase 1: Written Exam
Phase 2: Medical Exam
|Exam Mode||Online exam|
|Total Number of Questions||100|
|Negative Scores||1 Mark|
|Total Cumulative Time||120 minutes (2 hours)|
|Topics||Verbal Ability in English, Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test, General Awareness, and Numerical Ability.|
Who can Apply for AFCAT 2022?
The candidates who are willing to apply for AFCAT 2022 should have completed their graduation from any recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent CGPA score. They should be medically fit and have a minimum height of 5’2″ or 157 cm. To apply, they will also need to fill out an online application form found on the official website of UPSC.
The candidate’s age must be between 20-24 years when sitting for the exam. The candidates who have a legal Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) can appear for the exam until they are 26 years.
The candidate must be Indian to be eligible for this exam. Divorcees, widowers, and widows aged under 25 years are not eligible. The unmarried candidates cannot marry at the time of training as per eligibility criteria released by the board. If a candidate marries during the training period, they will be disqualified.
AFCAT is a gateway for people who wish to work in the Air Force. You can join either Ground Duty or Flying Branch, and they will provide you with a good salary and benefits from the Government of India.
Candidates who will clear the AFCAT 2022 examination will be subjected to a medical and physical fitness test. This includes being thoroughly scanned to assess that they are medically qualified. The candidate must meet certain height and weight requirements – among other health-related criteria – to qualify.
- For Gorkha candidates from the hills of the North-East region of India (Kumaon, Garhwal), and Nepal, the minimum height acceptable is 5 cm less than usual.
- The minimum acceptable height will be 2 cm less for candidates from Lakshadweep.